The Waita Reservoir is situated next to the Black Mountain Range and Mt. Haupu in Koloa, Kauai HI. Constructed in 1906, the Waita Reservoir was used as the primary water source for the Koloa Sugar Plantation. Expanded in 1931 to include 525 acres, it holds 23 billion gallons of water. The Waita reservoir is fed from the Waiahi-Kuia Aqueduct system and is home to a host of wildlife such as Muscovy ducks, Hawaiian Coots, Hawaiian Gallinule, Stilts, Pheasant, Hawaiian boar, and jungle fowl (chickens). The reservoir also hosts largemouth bass, small mouth bass, Peacock bass, Tilapia, and Koi. The koi found in the Waita reservoir are what remain from the Japanese camp gardens that existed in that region during the plantation years. The reservoir now sits on private Grove Farm property and can be viewed only by reserving a space on a tour with Koloa Bass Fishing, Kauai ATV, Acua Park Adventures, or Koloa Zipline.